Total Pageviews

Friday, February 4, 2011

January's piece "All Iced Up"

This started just being the color white, then we had some snow the first week of January, and so the title "All Iced Up".  I made iced flowers, an iced feather, iced up water is everywhere, even some snow.  Of course, thinking of all thngs iced reminded me of Alaska, and so the glacial ice water color had to come in.  The Kenai River is represented by the flow of amazonite chips. The top of the silver ice river has chunks of ice that remind me of Spring breakup on the Kotzebue Sound.

I hope I have as much fun on February's piece.

9 comments:

  1. wow!!! i loooove all the sparkle! it definitely looks icy! well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a beautiful piece and surely depicts the January ice and snow across the country. Lets hope that February brings us all more pleasant inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to bead "sparkly" so I love your piece! It definitely speaks of winter. Very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sparkling ice! It's lovely. I like the way you used so many different kinds of beads.
    Marty S
    Crackpot Beader

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful 'snowball'! I really like this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had fun making this and I had fun looking at all the beautiful details in the click-to-enlarge version. If this isn't ice, then I don't know what is. It reminds me of the ice palace festival in St. Paul, where many artists come from far away places to carve ice sculptures.

    Robin A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks absolutely ICEY!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete