Total Pageviews

Monday, March 21, 2011

March's Madness


My garden explodes about the second week of March, which is madness because it will still frost once or twice after that.  Thus the title, March's Madness.  I had fun with this one.  My husband questioned me about doing this bead journal, why spend the time to create something that is not useful for anything.  So I pondered that question as I finished March's Madness and I decided that even though these might not be useful in the normal way, they are making me see color in different shades that I have overlooked, and I really like the feedback that I get!  So I will continue on!

5 comments:

  1. i love how the colors gently explode. i say gently, because they are not so overpowering...they are more subtle. and i think they are very useful. even though they might not be sold or even displayed as other things are, they are good for our journaling and creative therapy. that's my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlotte
    I hate those why questions
    Its enough that I want to.

    Your color didn't stike me so much. I'm not too big on pastels. But your design sucked me right in. My eyes traveled from the button in the center to the leaves at the tips.

    Why..because some of the friendships you develope in this group can be lasting.

    Because..time spent quietly beading rejuvenates your mind, creativity and serenity.

    Because even after 3 years, I look back on pieces I did, remembering that time in my life or I visit a friends blog and see a page in their sidebar and remember what THEY were thinking while they created it.

    Yours does not look like what you expect March Madness to be, but the next time I see it, I'll remember what it meant to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are right on! I'm doing my bjps simply because I find them meditative to do and I really want to work on my embroidary technique. It's more fun to create something for a purpose (the BJP) than just embroidering sample lines and curves. This way I have something pretty from my practice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Men! Clueless.

    I love this piece - especially because of the overall snowflake design having so much meaning to the piece. Its awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so delicate, and I love it for spring!

    ReplyDelete